Contact the Perry Outreach Center or any of the local Catholic parishes below to obtain a referral for help at the Center.
Perry Outreach Center
12047 Miami St
Detroit, MI 48217
SS. Andrew and Benedict Parish, Detroit – 313.381.1184
St. Mary Magdalen Parish, Melvindale – 313.381.1319
Christ the Good Shepherd Parish, Lincoln Park – 313.928.1324
St. Andre Bessette Parish, Ecorse and River Rouge – 313.383.8514
The Perry Outreach Center was developed from property donated to Ss. Andrew and Benedict Parish from the Perry family who used to live in the Southwest Detroit neighborhood.
The building, which used to be a neighborhood store, was named for the former owners and longtime parishioners of Ss. Andrew and Benedict, in memory of their late father Percy Perry.
Percy Perry came to southwest Detroit in 1958 and purchased a store. For the next 40 years, he and his wife, Idella, provided a home for their family as well as an economic and moral anchor in the community.
As members of the nearby Saints Andrew & Benedict church, the Perrys left the store to the parish in 2013 and it has become the Perry Outreach Center, a fitting legacy of generous and principled members of the community.
Our Catholic Christian foundation keeps our efforts and intentions focused truly serving our neighbors and building a healthy community where all may grow and prosper.
The Perry Center intends to be a part of building up the 48217 community and its neighbors by providing resources to individuals, helping them be the change our community needs, but to also provide resources to the community itself to promote a flourishing, stable neighborhood.
Perry Center Director